December 1, 2010

DECEMBER

Well, today marks the first day of December. The beginning of the end (of the year) if you will. It’s a busy month all round; between now and the end of the month/year I have three 30th birthdays, a move out and then Christmas to look forward to.

I’m currently working on my write-up of The Social Network and haven’t even started on Some Like It Hot (I was very lucky to be able to see a 35mm print of this at the Wellington Film Society on Monday night). I’ll have these up soon though. Coming up in the rest of the month there’ll be my favourite films of the year as well as some contributions from guest writers. Excitement ahoy!

But for now, please allow me to cast my grubby eyes forward to the cinematic pleasures that still await before the end of 2010:

Film I have yet to see (and hopefully before the end of the year):
Monsters
The Disappearance of Alice Creed
The American
Let Me In
Machete
The Ghost Writer

Coming out tomorrow:
Easy A
A Woman, a Gun and a Noodle Shop
Rare Exports

Rest of month:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Tron Legacy
Megamind
The Tourist
The Kids Are Alright 

That's 14 films in 31 days. I doubt I'll see them all before the end of the year, especially those coming out nearer the end, but I'll make my best effort to. 

So, two reviews coming soon and lots of end of year goodness to be had.


Want to contribute an end of year list? Flick me an email at RocketsandRobotsblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment