June 7, 2010

The First Post

So, I should perhaps write a little about myself and what I want to achieve with this blog thing I seem to have started. If it's out there, if it's in the public domain, it may encourage me to keep up with it. Not that I'm expecting an overwhelmingly large amount of people to read this but hey. You never know.

What do I want to do with this blog thing? Well, and this may seem obvious, I want to use it to write. See, I like to think of myself as a writer. I love writing. Ever since I was kid. It's just... my follow-through with it may be lacking sometimes. So, I want to start more projects, but more importantly I want to finish more projects. And this blog is one of them. What can you expect from this blog? Lemme tell you.

I like movies. I love films. I totally dig on them. As most people of my age, I have a disposition towards genre films. I tend to see close on 100 films theatrically in any given year. My aim with this blog is to write about them. Small reviews and the like. I'll also be doing a column "In Appreciation of..." which will hopefully be a longer form review of a classic/"classic" film. I'll likely add my voice to other happenings in the film world, my views on 3D, comic-book movies, the blockbuster template etc.

But it won't all be film related! Oh-ho no! I also write a daily haiku (Monday - Friday) which I'll be posting here. I hope to also talk about comics, awesome books, TV shows and general nonsense. I may even get some guest posters up in here. I am new to this whole blogging thing, so please hang in there as I get a handle on it.

Coming up in the near future: my reviews of films I've seen thus far this year. An Appreciation of Commando. A preview of the upcoming New Zealand International Film Festival (followed by reviews of all the films I see). Haiku. Updates on various projects I'm involved in. I hope you find something here to enjoy. I'll keep on writing anyhow.



No comments:

Post a Comment